Fall VIRTUS training sessions will be held on Monday evenings, September 15 and October 20 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the classroom area. If you are a new volunteer minister and have not attended a previous training session, you are required to attend to meet the bishop's directive. To register online, go to www.virtus.org, select "Registration," then "Little Rock DIocese," and lastly, "Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church." Call Russ at 922-1767 with questions.
There is one training session available on September 10, 1:00 p.m. in the Lower Hall. You do not need to bring your computer, handouts on the basics will be provided. If you are a current volunteer, please plan to attend one of these sessions. If you are interested in becoming any one of the ministry volunteers, come and see what the Ministry Scheduling Pro software is all about.
Many thanks to our REY staff who selflessly volunteer their time each week. Teachers and class assignments are: Bernadette Kroetz and Elsa Naeger-Kindergarten/First Grade, Aileen Coburn and Gynnie Ambrozich-Second Grade, Rosemary Monarque-Third Grade, Rose Harrigan-Fourth/Fifth Grades, Evelyn Garrison-Junior High, and Deacon John and Nancy Froning-High School.
Registration for new students is open. Please call the church office at 922-2062 or Terry Polrack at 922-6095 for more information.
We make shawls for anyone who is ill, old, cold or in need of spiritual comfort. (We are very grateful that the parish covers our expenses.) Either Father Bill or Deacon Bernie bless each of the shawls made. We usually give them out after our monthly meeting of the Ladies of the Sacred Heart on the second Monday morning each month, September through May. You can also call Dee Kapple at 915-9331 if you need a shawl for someone; or, if you need more information. Please join us.
|Knights sing during the Aug. 5 opening Mass of the 132nd Supreme Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Orlando, FL.|
A novena to St. Monica will begin August 19 after daily Mass, continuing on your own over the weekend, and ending on the Feast of St. Monica on Wednesday, August 27. Join members of Guild One in this prayer for our loved ones.
We will soon begin our fall choir program at Sacred Heart. Perhaps you previously sang with a chorus, a church choir or even like to sing in the shower. Consider joining one of our choir programs soon! Contact Diane Patterson for the Saturday night choir, 922-6965, or Lynne Border, 231-881-4472, for the Sunday choir, Resurrection choir or as a week-day or weekend cantor. Come-join in the fun and help us "make a joyful noise unto the Lord!"
- Movie Night - God's Not Dead
- The Guys and Gals at Sacred Heart Busy Collecting Donations For Treasure Sale
- Hand & Foot Club News
- St. John's School Benefit Golf Tournament
- Imagine A Future Without Cancer
- Parish Library
- Spiritual Adoption Program
- AARP Smart Driver Program
- Farmers Market
- Sacred Heart Singles To Tour Forest Path Gallery
- LOSH Hosts Baby Shower
- Sacred Heart Parishioners Gather For Patron Feast Day
- Spiritual Adoption Program
- Flag Day At Sacred Heart
- Parish Library-Grandchildren Coming?
- Movie Night
- Benefit Dinner for House of Formation
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game Rescheduled to July 28!
- Treasure Sale Collection Coming Soon
- Sacred Heart Singles
- Sacred Heart Rosary Makers
- Spiritual Adopt-A-Baby Program
- Catholic Arkansas Sharing Appeal
- Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel
- Arkansas Catholic Subscriptions
- Thank You Sacred Heart
- Ronald McDonald House
- Blood Drive
- The Fortnight for Freedom: Freedom to Serve
- Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus